Wednesday, January 21, 2009

TPACK according to Me!

What I understood about TPACK is that it is incorporating A knowledge of how to use content, and technological knowledge to teach. You would know how to teach in all of this and bring all this together to come up with a good interactive lesson plan that continues to help the children learn and expand their knowledge as well as your own. It really was kind of hard to understand at first but I think I got it now...hopefully this is really what it is. It is necessary for teachers to have this knowledge so that they can be the most effective teacher possible and help the students broaden their horizons with what they can use and learn in the whole learning process.

The science/math technologies that I explored were the google earth app, I hadn't used this really before, it really was neat to see my house and its surroundings, and I was absolutely blown away with stellarium! I could go to where my brother was on his mission and look at what the sky looks like down there in Chile. Really neat that you can even control the speed of the visual image. Technology nowadays is AMAZING!

No comments:

Post a Comment